For the past years of experience, I had written many blogs related to different places and also helped readers to get to know more about the vicinity and share a few experiences with them. I received a request to write a blog on Umrah and help them to plan efficiently. Forum Travel – helps to find the best flight deals and provides Umrah and Hajj packages deals. Looking for Umrah packages – Forum Travel is here to help you with the process, visa forms and requirements to ensure a lifetime experience.
The Umrah is the Arabic word which means “to visit places where people live”. The Umrah is the Islamic pilgrimage which is undertaken by Muslims whenever they entre in Mecca and circle the Black stone, pray the sacred shine of Ka’bah seven times. After praying they drink the holy water, Zamzam and touch the black stone again. Umrah pilgrimage is the mini hajj and comprises essential rituals that can be performed at any time of the year. It can be performed along with Hajj and in the month of Ramadan as well. There is saying if the person successfully completes the rites of Umrah, get free from the sins they practised in their early life.
” O Allah, I perform Tawaf of Umrah to please You. Make it easy for me and accept it from me.”
The Umrah pilgrimage season will start off in the month of Muharram a month earlier, which also marks the beginning of the Islamic year. The pilgrimage can be carried out at any time of the year outside Hajj, foreign tourists need Umrah visas and have to fly with licensed tour operators. Umrah includes two main rituals from the Muslims, Tawaf and Sa’i. Tawaf is a circling around the Ka’bah with extreme love and devotion, which is the House of God.
The rituals of Hajj and Umrah are similar, the only difference between them is according to Islamic tradition Arafat Mountain is the place which is 20 Km of central Mecca where the Prophet Muhammad stood and delivered farewell to the Muslims who had accompanied him to the Hajj at the end of his life. Muslims also believe that this is the location that is the reunited place of Heaven. On the 9th of the month of Hijri Calendar, pilgrims go to Arafat mountain and perform Hajj rituals while in Umrah, pilgrims do not perform Arafat mountain rituals. The rest of the procedure and visa requirements are similar for both Hajj and Umrah.
Essential steps to perform Umrah:-
- Putting Ihram clothes before entering into Miqat area and then do your intention for Umrah.
- Recite the Talbiyah at the miqat station to announce a pilgrimage plan.
- Travel to Makkah
- Visit Al Masjid Al Haram and conduct Tawaf – in a counter-clockwise direction circling the Kaaba seven times.
- Perform Sa’ay- walking between the Safa and Marwah Hills next to the Kaaba seven times.
- Men leave Ihram by shaving their heads at the end of Umrah. For women to complete Umrah, a small lock of hair needs to be cut off.
Umrah Visa Requirements:-
- A passport that’s valid for at least 6 months with 3 or 4 blank pages for each traveler.
- A completed and signed visa application (typed out or block letter written), original and copy.
- 2 passport size photographs (4cm x 6cm) taken against a plain white background for each traveler (ladies preferably in Hijab).
- If family members are on the same passport, pictures and names of all the family members must be added to the passport by the proper legal authority (Canadian citizens must all have separate passports – EVEN CHILDREN!).
- A stamped Immunization Card showing vaccination against Meningitis (one dose of ACYW135 vaccine) for adults Meningitis and POLIO record for children under 15 years old. Two doses of (A) vaccine (1 to 2 months between each dose for children ages 3-24 months).
Make sure to take the health certificate to Saudi Arabia.
- Ladies and children need proper proof of relationship Marriage Certificate or Birth Certificate which shows the parents names (notarized by a Canadian notary or Canadian Ministry of Foreign Affairs) is needed in English, French. No other languages are accepted.
- All documents must be by their photocopies(No Originals Required).
- Non-Canadian applicants must submit an original clear Permanent Residence card and follow the following steps, by stamping the photocopy:
- From the agents.
- From a notary.
- From Canadian Foreign.
- Pilgrims who have non-Muslim names must have a statement from any Islamic Center showing their conversion to Islam.
- For married women traveling alone, the following is required:
- She has to be over 45 years old.
- A permission letter from husband signed and stamped by a notary.
- A copy of ID the showing signature of Mahram (passport or driver license).
- For children traveling with one of the parents, the following are required:
- Letter of consent from the other parent, authorizing the travel of the child.
- A copy of ID of the parent giving consent, showing signature and name of the parent(passport or driver license).
- It is also compulsory for women and children to be accompanied by a husband/ or male parent with sufficient documentation as a wife/ childbirth certificate marriage certificate.
- If any pilgrimage plans to visit Saudi Arabia on Umrah visa, s/he should have pre-arranged accommodation and return tickets, otherwise requests cannot be processed.
Plan trip to Makkah and Medina :
When you are planning for Umrah, you should plan to visit Makkah and Medina. If there is a busy period, I would recommend flying Medina to perform Ihram. Medina airport is closer to Masjid and easy to arrive at first. It is mandatory to perform Ihram before Umrah. That’s why people do Ihram either in connecting flight airport before entering to miqat station or in Medina. There is good connectivity between Mecca and Medina and very easy to travel with kids. On the Umrah visa, people can visit Jeddah too to explore many beautiful places and rich cultural heritage. On average the Saudi government welcomes more than 15 million visitors every year to visit Makkah and Medina as well as perform Umrah rituals.
Are you struggling to find good packages deals of Umrah? Forum Travel- is a place where you can get genuine flight deals with packages and get your next luxurious journey. I hope the above-provided information is valuable and would certainly help to complete rituals of Umrah with your family. Now, what is next? Thinking about accommodation? Don’t worry – There are many 4- or 5-star luxuries hotels to stay and relax. Mark, you date in the calendar to perform Umrah and start planning your vacation in your budget constraints through the Voyages Forum travel platform. By the way, you can also compare with different platforms and see the difference yourself.